Black Belt Perseverance – King Tiger Martial Arts Chesapeake
Perseverance may be the most important quality of all Black Belts. Perseverance is the commitment, hard work and patience you need to accomplish your goals. Black Belts with perseverance are able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint. You are expected to be perseverant throughout your regular training that is required to earn a Black Belt.
Your journey to Black Belt will not be easy. You will face many challenges that will test your perseverance. Despite those challenges, you can earn your Black Belt if you have the drive and positive attitude to persevere. It’s no wonder that earning a Black Belt feels similar to graduating from high school or college. In fact, when you reach the prestigious rank of 1st-Degree Black Belt, you will very likely consider it one of the most memorable days of your life!
Do you have the perseverance that it takes to become a Black Belt? Put your perseverance into action as a Black Belt does:
- When a task challenges you, have the patience to keep trying rather than give up.
- If a task is too difficult, then ask for extra training, so you can learn how to overcome the challenge.
- Don’t lose your temper if you become overwhelmed and exhausted.
- If an activity seems boring, then remember that not every part of your training is meant to be fun and exciting. Some parts require more focus and attention than others.
- Don’t make it a habit to be lazy. If you choose to miss class simply because you are not in the mood that day, then you are dishonoring your training and your instructor.
- Focus on the activities that frustrate you and try to learn how to overcome those frustrations.
- Work a little harder or a little smarter on the activities that challenge you the most.
- If you are put on the spot, then handle it in a calm and patient manner. Your character is probably being tested.
Remember, being a Black Belt is not just about demonstrating your physical and intellectual martial arts abilities. You must demonstrate your emotional and social strengths as well. Do so, and everyone in your life will honor you. When you’re perseverant, you’ll be recognized as the best!