Holiday Stress Busting!
December can be a very, very hectic time of year with office parties, children’s events, out of town company, special events at schools, and, of course, holiday get-togethers. Add this to all the gift-giving, spending, and everyday events and it’s no wonder people find December to be a bit stressful. However, you can minimize your stress by following some of these tips for keeping stress at a minimum:
- Stop, breathe, and count to 10. If you find yourself losing your temper, simply take a step back, take a deep breath, count to 10, and then go about what you were doing.
- Try to avoid crowds. Being in traffic and lines is often stressful, so try to avoid last-minute rushes.
- Sleep and get a lot of rest.
- Share responsibilities. Ask family members to help. There is nothing wrong with asking for a little help every now and then.
- Remember the holidays are about family and friends, not material items. We should be thankful for all we have.
- Don’t forget your workout! Working out is a great stress reliever.
- Take a short nap.
- Watch a YouTube video that makes you laugh.
- Sit in a hot tub or take a bubble bath.
If you are interested in trying martial arts classes, come out and roll, kick, punch, and sweat your stress away with us. Give us a call right now at 757-410-4999 to find out how you can get started in one of our incredible programs today! Join the fun at King Tiger Martial Arts where you’ll experience expert training in a fun, positive and supportive environment suitable for everyone in your family. Or simply fill out the box in the upper right corner and take advantage of our FREE 30 Day Trial Membership!
Let’s become FaceBook official! Like us at www.facebook.com/kingtigermartialarts