How to Overcome Your Fears – King Tiger Martial Arts Chesapeake
Everyone feels nervous or afraid at one time or another. But, if you want to be successful and do everything you want in life, you’ll need to overcome occasional attacks of fear. Eleanor Roosevelt once said: “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.” It may make you feel uncertain to even think of attempting to do things that scare you, but isn’t it even more frightening to miss out on your dreams and aspirations?
Have you ever done something that initially scared you, but then in retrospect you realized that it was not as scary as you originally thought? Your imagination had actually taken your fear and magnified it in your mind. Remember, your imagination is incredibly powerful.
Before you can eliminate fear from your life, you’ll need to identify exactly what it is that you fear. Start by forming a written list of things you want to do, but have avoided because of fear. It doesn’t matter if you have a few or a lot of items on your list, it is up to you to name them and begin to delete them – one fear at a time. Then, for each of your fears ask yourself the following questions. Each answer will help you understand more about your fears and move you closer to overcoming them.
- What is it that is making me afraid?
- Is this a fear I want to overcome and delete from my life?
- Am I allowing this fear to keep me from achieving my dreams?
- If I did the thing that I fear what would happen to me physically?
- What would happen to me mentally?
- Would the opinions of others matter to me if I did this? If so, why?
- What’s the worst thing that could happen if I did this? Could I live with this outcome?
- What’s the best thing that could happen if I did this? Would this outcome make me happier than I am right now?
- If I never overcome this fear would I feel regret later in life?
As a student of the martial arts, your training for your black belt will strengthen your confidence to help you overcome your fears. Train hard, review your list of fears and the above questions and focus on eliminating your fears one by one.
Most people are paralyzed by fear. Overcome it and you take charge of your life and your world.
Are you interested in an activity that help you develop unstoppable confidence? Awesome! Give us a call right now at 757-410-4999 to find out how you can get started in one of our incredible programs today! Join the fun at King Tiger Martial Arts where you’ll experience expert training in a fun, positive and supportive environment suitable for everyone in your family. Or simply fill out the information box and take advantage of our Trial Membership!
And Hey, let’s become FaceBook official! Like and follow us at www.facebook.com/kingtigermartialarts