Are you a POSITIVE person? Are you a POSITIVE thinker? Not everyone believes in the power of positive thinking, but it’s guaranteed to get you further and help you become more successful. Thinking positively takes more than simply having consistent good thoughts. On some level, it also means retraining the way you think. Below are four words or phrases that get in the way of positive thinking.
1. “I Can’t” — There’s a famous quote about that word. “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t you are correct.” It’s truly important that you try to eliminate this word from your vocabulary. It gets in the way of accomplishing your goals. Using this excuse or saying this too often forces it to become your reality.
2. “It’s My Right” — Of course we all have rights in this world, but this isn’t referring to legalities or the constitution. It’s referring to a feeling of entitlement you begin to have over other people. This causes self-centeredness and arrogance. Think in terms of “I have earned an opportunity” as opposed to “it’s my right”.
3. “I Must” — This phrase can add a lot of negative pressure or stress. Instead, try making a to-do list and make the time to get things accomplished. This way, your “I must” list turns into a “to-do” list which creates a positive process and positive thinking.
4. “It’s Not Fair!” — “Why me” — These phrases are negative and imply that you’re unhappy with your place in life or your circumstances. We can’t always be happy, but having a negative attitude keeps us from making positive changes or seeing the silver lining in a negative situation. Changing your words and thoughts will make you happier.
Here are a few words, phrases, and suggestions that can help you in your quest for POSITIVE THINKING!
1. Say “I can” and “I will”.
2. Use the phrase “What a great opportunity to … ”.
4. Gossip less and focus on the good in others — don’t let others’ negative become your positives.
5. Eat healthily and exercise because when we feel better and look better we think better.
Are you looking for a martial arts school that promotes positive thinking? Then give us a call at 757-410-4999 and get started today! Join the fun at King Tiger Martial Arts where you’ll experience expert training in a fun, positive, and supportive environment suitable for everyone in your family. Or simply fill out the box in the upper right corner and take advantage of our FREE 30 Day Trial Membership!
And while you’re at it, let’s become FaceBook official! Like and follow us at www.facebook.com/kingtigermartialarts