Self-Discipline Through Martial Arts
“We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.” – Jesse Owens karate
When examining the vital characteristics of great leaders and successful people, one characteristic seems to stand out above all the rest: self-discipline. Why? Because life is full of unforeseen challenges and problems on the path to success and achievement. To overcome these challenges, leaders must learn to demonstrate the four key ingredients to living a self-disciplined life, including self-control, motivation, persistence, and goal setting. karate
In a world where children have limited experience with delayed gratification and lives are saturated with messages of instant gratification from technology and advertisements, it is important, now more than ever, to teach the value of self-discipline. The frantic pace of family life and extremely busy daily schedules provide very few opportunities for people to think before they act. As a result, it is increasingly more important to develop the personal discipline to make sound decisions and take the responsibility to complete tasks. Having self-discipline means you control your actions: your actions do not control you. Just like your muscles can get stronger, so can your self-discipline with exercising and using your inner strength.
Here are some ways to strengthen yourself-discipline: karate
1. When you come home from work or school, train yourself to complete needed tasks around the house before watching TV or playing video games karate
2. When you are mad or angry, stop and think about what you are going to say before saying things you might regret.
3. If you make a mess or get something dirty, clean it before you are asked. karate
4. Begin to make healthier choices when it comes to choosing snacks and food, regardless of cravings or wants. karate
5. Make a point to attend your scheduled martial arts classes on a regular basis. karate
6. Keep a journal and note your successes. This will help you stay motivated and on track. karate
7. Learn moderation. Sometimes, there is too much of a good thing. Recognize how having too much is having an effect on your life and begin to scale back. karate
8. Reward yourself when you stay on course or in control, despite difficulties or temptations. karate
These are only a few ways in which you can strengthen your self-discipline. Keep in mind, as a martial artist, you set an example for others to follow. Continue to make sure you are taking the steps to create a disciplined life so that you accomplish goals and influence others.
Are you ready to develop the self-discipline needed to reach your goals? Then give us a call right now at 757-410-4999 to get started today! Join the fun at King Tiger Martial Arts where you’ll experience expert training in a fun, positive and supportive environment suitable for everyone in your family. Or simply fill out the box to your right and take advantage of our FREE 30 Day Trial Membership! karate
Oh yeah, lets become FaceBook official! Like and follow us at www.facebook.com/kingtigermartialarts karate