Stay Enthusiastic! – King Tiger Martial Arts Chesapeake
Sometimes it’s difficult to stay enthusiastic and keep moving towards your goals. We want to support you as you challenge all obstacles and move enthusiastically forward. Take a look at the questions below and see how many you get right. These people had to have had a lot of enthusiasm and perseverance to keep on going regardless of the rejections they faced.
CAN YOU NAME …
1. … a famous person who was defeated eight times, while running for political office?
2. … a cartoonist who was told by the editor of the Kansas City Star newspaper that it was easy to see, from his sketches, he had no talent?
3. … an author whose first children’s book was rejected by 23 different publishers?
4. … a famous singer who was fired after his first performance at the Grand Ole Opry?
5. … a famous actress who dropped out of high school and held a variety of odd jobs, including doing the hair and make-up for corpses, before finally succeeding in show business?
6. … a famous author who lived on welfare for years in an apartment infested with mice?
7. … a famous athlete who was cut from the varsity basketball team his sophomore year in high school?
8. … an inventor who was thrown out of school because his teachers thought he couldn’t learn?
9. … a famous Harvard University dropout?
10. … an inventor of a fried chicken recipe who was rejected by more than 1,000 restaurant owners?
1. Abraham Lincoln was defeated in eight different elections. Yet he persisted and succeeded in becoming the 16th, and one of the most respected presidents of the United States.
2. Walt Disney was told he had no talent and fired from a newspaper job. He ended up doing volunteer work for a church in an old run-down garage. One day he decided to sketch one of the many mice that were running through the garage. This mouse became the famous “Mickey Mouse.”
3. Twenty-three different publishers rejected Dr. Seuss’ first book, while the 24th accepted and sold six million copies of it.
4. Elvis Presley was fired after his first performance at the Grand Ole Opry. The manager told him, “You ain’t going nowhere, son. You ought to go back to driving a truck.” He became one of the most famous American singers of the 20th century.
5. Whoopi Goldberg dropped out of high school, was on welfare and worked as a bricklayer, bank teller, and licensed cosmetician. After graduating from Beauty College, she took a job at a mortuary doing the hair and make-up of corpses.
6. J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter Series, lived on welfare for years, in an apartment infested with mice, and was rejected by 12 publishers before earning fame and fortune.
7. Michael Jordan was the athlete who was cut from the varsity basketball team his sophomore year of high school. Angry and embarrassed, he began to get up early each morning to practice with the junior varsity coach. Eventually he not only made the varsity team, but also became one of the most popular athletes in the world. Michael Jordan stated, “I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game-winning shot, and I missed. I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
8. Thomas Edison was the inventor who was kicked out of school. It took him over 700 tries before he got the filament right for the light bulb. Edison stated, “I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
9. Mark Zuckerberg dropped out of Harvard University. He is a billionaire (at the age of 28) and the CEO of Facebook.
10. Harland David Sanders (better known as Colonel Sanders) had his fried chicken recipe rejected by more than 1,000 restaurant owners before it was accepted by one. Today, people continue to eat at KFC’s across the world.
Are you looking for an environment that is enthusiastic and supportive of you and your goals? Want to get into great physical shape and watch your children develop unstoppable confidence? Then we’re they place for you! Give us a call right now at 757-410-4999 to find out how you can get started in one of our incredible programs today! Join the fun at King Tiger Martial Arts where you’ll experience expert training in a fun, positive and supportive environment suitable for everyone in your family. Or simply fill out the box in the upper right corner and take advantage of our FREE 30 Day Trial Membership!
And while you’re at it, lets become FaceBook official! Like us at www.facebook.com/kingtigermartialarts