Stay on Track During the Holidays
With the holidays in full swing, one question people often ask themselves is, “How am I going to stay focused on health and fitness through the holiday season?
” It’s understandable that the extra temptation to cheat on your diet, the time spent doing fun family activities, shopping, and even just the stress of the holiday season can contribute to weight gain. So how do we combat this huge problem during the most festive of times?
Here are 10 sure-fire ways to stay on track during the holiday season:
- Instead of snacking on baked sweets, switch to a natural sweets like fruit to manage your sweet tooth.
- With so many evening parties, it’s important to plan an exit strategy that will get you home in time to get the recommended eight hours of sleep.
- Drink plenty of water. The cool weather has a tendency to dehydrate and, sometimes, hunger pains can be a result of insufficient fluid intake.
- Stay away from the break room, where team members often offer home-made baked goods and candies during this time of year. By avoiding the snack area where cheating can occur, you’re less likely to succumb to temptation.
- Exercise your way through the holidays. By continuing to do even moderate exercise, you will increase your endorphin levels, which will eliminate the holiday blues and keep you from eating out of boredom.
- Don’t increase alcohol consumption. If you’re a social drinker during the rest of the year, maintain your pace. Just because there’s a man in a red suit, it doesn’t mean that one drink has to turn into two. Also, anytime you are drinking, it is recommended to drink two glasses of water for each alcoholic drink you consume.
- Demonstrate portion control. For some reason people feel an obligation to over eat around the holidays, but it’s not a requirement to indulge. By practicing portion control, you will not only feel better about your choice, but you will feel better physically.
- Watching sports over the holidays is fine, but there is no reason to eat continually throughout the game. Instead of sitting in the recliner, try riding a stationary bike or walking on a treadmill. Also eat healthier snacks.
- Wash your hands more often; it doesn’t make you weird, it makes you health conscious. Nothing is worse than getting sick during the holidays.
- Check out our martial arts programs because King Tiger Martial Arts is a GREAT place to get in shape!
Doing small things to maintain a healthier, happier lifestyle will make a huge difference in your life, especially during the holidays.
Are you looking for a Martial Arts School that emphasizes a healthy lifestyle and life balance? Then give us a call right now at 757-410-4999 to find out how you can get started in one of our incredible programs today! Join the fun at King Tiger Martial Arts where you’ll experience expert training in a fun, positive and supportive environment suitable for everyone in your family. Or simply fill out the box in the upper right corner and take advantage of our FREE 30 Day Trial Membership!
Let’s become FaceBook official! Like us at www.facebook.com/kingtigermartialarts