THE BENEFITS OF STAYING HYDRATED
Staying hydrated is an essential part of staying healthy. Ensuring proper hydration is one of the most basic keys to health.
The human body is composed of about 60 percent water. Drinking enough water maintains your body’s fluid balance, which helps with digestion, circulation, transportation of nutrients and maintenance of body temperature.
When your body tells you it’s thirsty, it is best to listen. Studies have shown that the parts of your brain involved in emotional decision-making light up when you drink water in response to being thirsty. Thirst is your body’s way of telling you to hydrate, and one of the best ways to stay hydrated is by drinking water. According to WebMD, below are five benefits or reasons to drink water.
- Water can help control calories — Water doesn’t necessarily burn calories, but it does keep you away from the sugary drinks or other beverages that add calories. Instead of grabbing juice or soda, opt instead for a glass of water with some lemon and avoid the extra calories.
- Water will help energize muscles — Muscles that have cells that don’t maintain their balance of fluids and electrolytes can develop muscle fatigue. Drinking fluids during exercise is especially important so you don’t fatigue easily. When muscles fatigue, the chance of injury increases.
- Water is good for the skin — The truth is that lack of hydration is bad for your skin. When you are dehydrated, your skin can become dry and wrinkled, therefore it is very important to drink plenty of water and stay hydrated to look and feel younger. Moisturizer is also a great way to keep moisture in your skin if your skin is feeling dry.
- Water is good for your kidneys —Body fluids transport waste products in and out of cells. Kidneys do a great job of eliminating waste and toxins from your body as long as you stay adequately hydrated. A sign that you may not be getting enough fluid is if your urine is dark. Urine should be free-flowing and clear in color. This is a way to tell that you are staying properly hydrated.
- Water helps in normal bowel function — When you are not taking in enough fluid, your colon will pull water from stools to maintain hydration which can cause constipation. Adequate fluid and fiber is a perfect combination as fluid pumps up the fiber and acts like a broom to keep your bowel functioning properly.
We would love to be part of your healthy lifestyle change! Give us a call right now at 757-410-4999 to find out how you can get started in one of our incredible programs today! Join the fun at King Tiger Martial Arts where you’ll experience expert training in a fun, positive and supportive environment suitable for everyone in your family. Or simply fill out the information box and take advantage of our FREE 30 Day Trial Membership!
And Hey, let’s become FaceBook official! Like and follow us at www.facebook.com/kingtigermartialarts